CamdenNewJournal

The independent London newspaper

Grammar schools mean kids are told they’ve failed at the age of 11

18 May, 2017

• YOU have drawn attention to funding cuts in schools.

In thinking about the election we also need to bear in mind the Conservatives’ commitment to change the law and permit the reintroduction of some grammar schools.

Each of these schools will probably take around 25 per cent of the year group. The other 75 per cent will be told – at the age of 11– that they’re not good enough. Imagine how that will feel.

DICK BOOTH
Mornington Place, NW1

Categories

Share this story

Post a comment

,