Councillors want more pay for poorer performance
05 September, 2019
• IT is ironic that Camden Council executive members are in line for big pay increases at a time when many local residents are expressing anger at poor council performances, (Senior councillors under fire over ‘inflation-busting’ pay increases, August 21).
For more than 12 years they have been neglectful in rectifying faulty signage in blocks of council flats after fire risk assessors identify such issues as:
• Fire exit signage does not conform to H&S signs and signals regulations 1996.
• Fire doors are not fitted with fire notices complying with the above.
• Fire exit signs missing. Fire Action notices missing.
* Water extinguisher signs missing.
And there is a lack of appropriate no smoking signage for external fire escapes.
Plastic signage is affordable and is easy to affix, yet Camden always turns a blind eye to Health and Safety. For example the Mornington Court fire exit signage is 20 years out of date.
Mornington Court, NW1