Camden Fringe 2018: preview of this week’s shows
17 August, 2018 — By Julie Tomlin
Here’s a snapshot of just some of what’s showing at the Camden Fringe this week…
• At the Hen & Chickens Theatre from August 16-19 there’s Nathan and Ida’s Hot Dog Stand, a tale of the Hardwerker’s quest to open the finest hot dog stand in Coney Island. The Old House, a new one-woman show written and performed by Kate Maravan that explores the impact of Alzheimer’s, is showing August 16-17. Details: 020 7704 2001
• Comedy duo John Dredge and Andy Harland present a manic hour of radio comedy tonight (Thursday) at 6.30pm at the Camden Comedy Club to be broadcast in simulcast with radio titans Hove FM 95.3. Details: 020 7485 4019.
• In Anna Jordan’s play Freak, showing at Cecil Sharp House on August 22, the audience is transported into Georgie and Leah’s world to hear the unforgettable stories they tell. Details: 020 7485 2206
• A Woman and the Canvas, a Theatre Re and Fourth Monkey production about a woman painter struggling for inspiration, is on at The Monkey House from August 16-26. Details: 0207 281 0360.
• Rachel Salisbury will perform To the Moon…and back…and back, her one-woman show about what happened when a Facebook post asking friends to help her in her search for love went viral, at The Etcetera Theatre from August 18-22. Details: 020 7482 4857.
• Tokyo-based Tarinainanika Theatre Unit return to London to perform their new physical theatre piece, Tokyo Fugue, at The Cockpit from August 23-26. Zeus on the Loose fuses musical theatre, twisted circus, burlesque and special effects in the telling of the myth of the two sisters Aphrodite and Ilithyia is showing August 23. Details: 020 7258 2925.
• See www.camdenfringe.com