Blaze on Rowley Way Estate sparked by ‘stray firework’
Sixty firefighters tackled fire at maisonette
21 November, 2016 — By Geoffrey Sawyer
A FIRE which wrecked a West Hampstead maisonette was caused by a “stray firework”, investigators believe.
The New Journal reported last week how firefighters tackled the blaze on the Rowley Way Estate on Bonfire Night.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “Investigations carried out by fire officers and police found that it was most likely a firework that had landed at the back of the property and caught items near the rear window alight.”